What Is A Certified Family Law Specialist?
A certified family law specialist is an attorney who is well-versed in family law. This area of the law is also known as domestic law and encompasses divorce, spousal support, child custody and visitation, domestic violence, and property division and more. Only a small percentage of attorneys in California become certified family law specialists, and Kate Rockas is one of them.
To become a certified family law specialist, a lawyer must meet a rigorous set of standards set by The State Bar of California for education, experience and knowledge in family law, including:
- Demonstrate that in each of the past five years, they have practiced family law for at least a quarter of the time
- Demonstrate expertise in trials, hearings, stipulations, settlements and mediations
- Complete 45 hours of coursework in family law, including but not limited to child support, child custody, spousal support, division of property, mediation of disputes and domestic violence
- Pass an examination that is roughly eight hours in length
- Provide referrals from other attorneys and judges in family law that can vouch for their ability, knowledge, temperament and ethics
Kate Rockas has not only met, but has exceeded these standards.
What Are The Benefits Of Hiring A Family Law Specialist?
When it comes to contentious family law matters, it is important to have strong legal representation. Attorney Kate Rockas understands the nuances of settlements and litigation and is well-equipped to represent you and your family in these overwhelming and complex situations. She will advise you in an honest and direct manner.
When you trust your case to Ms. Rockas, you can feel confident that you are working with a reputable attorney who has in-depth knowledge of family law. She is qualified to handle even the most complex of cases. There are several advantages of working with Kate Rockas, including:
- She can carefully evaluate your case and pay attention to the smallest of details.
- She has a thorough understanding of family law due to her countless hours of practice.
- She is a talented mediator and negotiator. Although her priority is to reach an amicable solution between disputing parties, she will pursue litigation if necessary.
- She has a favorable standing among many of her peers and family law judges. She has received recommendations for her performance and capabilities.
- She is committed to pursuing continuous education and achieving recertification to ensure she stays up to date on any changes to California’s evolving family laws.
Ms. Rockas treats her clients with the respect and integrity they deserve and handles each case with the utmost compassion and consideration.
Get Help Effectively Navigating Through Your Complex Divorce
Attorney Kate Rockas can help you navigate through complex divorce proceedings and ensure your best interests are protected.
If you are going through a divorce, are seeking a fair resolution to a child custody and visitation dispute, or are dealing with any other family law matter, contact Kate Rockas. She will advocate tirelessly to help you reach a successful outcome. To learn more about how Ms. Rockas can help you resolve your family dispute, contact the firm online or call 415-578-1844.